Windows 7 and Supreme Commander

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Windows 7 and Supreme Commander

Post by Softball »

So apparently Windows 7 and GPGNet / Supreme Commander do not play well together. Last night I installed Supreme Commander Forged Alliance and when it went to patch the game through GPGNet, it kept erroring out saying that the files did not match, blah blah blah. I ended up having to uninstall the game, download the latest GPGNet software manually, download the latest SC Forged Alliance patch manually, re-install SCFA, install GPGNet, install the patch, and then the game would run under GPGNet. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come with Windows 7 and other 3rd party utilities used to run games.

The good news is that I got Supreme Commander installed and I'm ready to go. Next is getting NWN2 installed, and hope I don't have any DRM issues like Gator had.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll be upgrading to Windows 7 tomorrow and the only problem that I'm aware of right now is that the Third Wire flight sims cant be played via multiplayer because it uses Direct Play and Win 7 gets rid of Direct Play.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Still got this installed and still get my ass handed to me whenever i play the AI even on Medium difficulty.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]