CoD Modern Warfare 2 Review

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

CoD Modern Warfare 2 Review

Post by Buffalo Six »

Well I also picked up CoDMW2 at the same time I picked up NFS Shift....

Lets see, it feels like a cross between (movies/series) Generation Kill, The Rock, Navy Seals, Red Dawn, Iron Man (the early part in the caves minus the whole iron suit thing) and the Kingdom, and a little ConAir.

The story line hops around a lot....I didnt play the the 1st one so I assume it did the same thing. Visually it is stunning. I really liked seeing the granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances and the Krupps coffee makers in a house in Va. I was running thru trying to kill a baddie. The last stand and "Burger Shack" was entertaining. Yes it arcadey, but single player wise it was fun. The seal team insertion is worth the price of admission....it was pretty cool. The whole airport shooting spree thing...you can either hold fire...or burn out the barrel...your choice. No extra points for putting down the wounded either.....

For the most part I was just running around all over burning thru ammo.....and lives. Good thing they dont keep that stat because I died like a bazillion times.

all in all a fun time......

YMMV.....
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for the review Buff and it further showed that MW2 is definitely not my kind of game.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

It felt like ArmA combat wise without having to run 20 mins to the front actually, with better visuals. But Multiplayer is limited to 4 so not very good for groups.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Buffalo Six wrote:It felt like ArmA combat wise without having to run 20 mins to the front actually, with better visuals. But Multiplayer is limited to 4 so not very good for groups.
So you can get killed if you get shot in the head or torso? Do enemies fall down with 1 or 2 bullet hits or do you have to empty half a clip into them?
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I hope you can drop them with a round or two barring them having on kevlar then what the hell. I can't remember if CODMW was like that. I will not purchase this game until the price drops, so in about 4 years it will be 20 bucks. COD World At War is still 40 bucks or so, I just don't get it. Steam has CODMW2 for $59.99, I thought all games went down to $39.99 because of walmarts price.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

hmmm...I'd like to say the majority of my "kills" were headshots....with accompanying red mist. Other times I'd do something stupid (ok I did this a LOT) and in desperation went into spray and pray/get away from me mode. I will say that it takes a clip or 3 to shoot thru a riot sheild.....

"nades ate my lunch a lot....damn things roll around!

seriously...this 1st time thru the game...I was not really paying attention to a lot...I was fumbling around with the key chart....hitting wrong buttons....getting my ass shot off constanly to the point I had to drop the diff to easy....and I still continued to get dead a lot but not at the alarming rate as before. Mostly due to my doing dumbass things....like run into a room that not cleared and fine 3-4 baddies going...."look! Lunch!" and proceeding to shoot the crap out of me.

I did like the way they had the cannon fodder jihad's doing the over the head shooting thing.....made me laugh....then I shot him for being stupid...
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Modern Warfare <b>3</b> review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReKUSzo8Y-s
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »