Baldur's Gate 3

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Baldur's Gate 3

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Has anyone been playing this besides me? I'm new to the Baldur's Gate saga so I've had a LOT of catching up to do with the lore and characters but so far I'm really enjoying the game after putting in about 8 hours of game time. Needless to say, I've made multiple mistakes already so I've had to reload a few times. I knew this would have a learning curve but it's definitely worth it. The graphics on ultra settings are simply stunning.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Re: Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Cr33p3r »

My 3 boys all got it and absolutely love it! They said its as close to a DND game as possible with rolls and stuff. I watched them stream via discord last night for about and hour from my hotel room. They want me to get it. You can have 4 peeps all in the same campaign and if one leaves, his character is controllable by others still in-game. And then, if you rejoin you jump right back into your character. I dont' have 7 hours a night to spend with them so I'm still considering it haha. It looks great though. 850,000 players is what my youngest told me.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Yup, the game has been a huge seller on Steam. To be honest, I'm more into the third person RPG stuff like Elden Ring but I'm really enjoying BG 3 so far.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Cr33per, how old are your boys? from reading a bit it seems too mature for my household.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote:
10 Sep 2023, 18:00
Cr33per, how old are your boys? from reading a bit it seems too mature for my household.
I have about 73 hours in the game now and yes, I would say this game is definitely NOT appropriate for kids. Lots of overt violence and sex in the game.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

19 and up. Yes it's pushing some things but you can disable some stuff. Some of it is inappropriate. I haven't seen any sex stuff yet in my game.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
11 Sep 2023, 03:46
19 and up. Yes it's pushing some things but you can disable some stuff. Some of it is inappropriate. I haven't seen any sex stuff yet in my game.
Well they are all over 18 so "kids" no longer applies. PDT_Armataz_01_14

I think hammer's daughters are both pre-teen still. Is that correct hammer?
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

True Panzer. With most stuff today (TV, netflix series, games) many are going the profanity and sex root for the younger generation. its disappointing but expected. Thankfully, my "boys" are older and although not appalled, they generally really arent interested in that stuff and fast forward to just look away or glaze over to get past that stuff. My wife and I fast-forward a lot of shows at certain points. Just the way it is with entertainment today.

Sorry to hijack again. BG3 does have so many deep quests and side missions. how you play it could be different every time. My oldest saw a bunch of bulls with red eyes and then fought the goblins near them. my character, being a ranger, could speak to animals and got them to help me fight the goblins. My other son never even saw this part of the map. Probably will win many game-of-the-year awards just for how deep it is and how many story branches there are. The turn-based combat phase is also very well done.

Also learning shortcuts. Control-G separates the party into individual controllable characters so they don't all walk through fire and get injured when you make your primary character jump over it haha.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
11 Sep 2023, 05:33

Also learning shortcuts. Control-G separates the party into individual controllable characters so they don't all walk through fire and get injured when you make your primary character jump over it haha.
I use this a LOT when I'm jumping across chasms because there is a bug in the game where one member of your group will often stay behind and won't jump and follow you across.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Jeez Cr33per, kids? my girls are 6 and 9, so no way :D
Helmut