Who's ready to get fragged?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Gator

Post by Gator »

I'd like to play wednesday also, but I was hoping to get in on the not-so-dark-side sim. What's wrong with GR on Thurs? (Don't mean to be picky ... I'm just drawn that way). I mean, GR is already played on Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun...

-Bri
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Gator

Post by Gator »

So, what's the plan for tonight? I should be available for some action.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, I'm in!
No need to take my boy to hockey tonight - the coach is gonna pick him up and bring him back. Aand I got finished later than normal too - but the compensation is sweeeeee.e.e.e.e.T! I just received my new Gainward - GeForce 4 Ti 4600.
So you can imagine I am beside myself with impatience, cos as soon as we get finished on here tonight it will be going in my box!
Oh, and by the way - any advice would be most welcome regarding the install. Including driver update sites! :wink:

Regards, Don
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Softball

New Video Card setup

Post by Softball »

If you are running Windows XP, then all you have to do is shut down the computer, remove the old card, install the new one, and Windows XP will do the rest. Then you will/should change the drivers from NVidia or other site that has the best drivers for that card. Reboot and that is it.

If you are NOT running WinXP, then you will need to change your current video card drivers to SVGA before changing cards. I am assuming you know how to do this. After you change the drivers to SVGA and do a reboot in SVGA mode, shut down the computer and remove the old card. Install the new card and reboot. When Windows detects the new card, cancel the driver install and keep it at the SVGA setting. Now, install the DLed drivers from the Nvidia or other site. Reboot and set your desktop resolution, etc... Now install DX 8.1b or higher, reboot. And that should be it. I have used this install method on many computers with Nvidia cards and it has worked perfectly.

Congrats on the new card and good luck on the install.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG