WOI tonight?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

WOI tonight?

Post by Hammer »

All,
They have released a music add-on for WOI. I have nothing to say except "get it!" You can dl it from RLGaming.com (we are the only mirror right now).

Also, I suggest we get and try the sound pack by Engineer. A few folks have said it is good. The thread is here:

http://www.warofinfamy.com/cgi-bin/foru ... 1040094950

Sound good???
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

BTW, make a backup copy of your War of Infamy/Sounds/Weapons folder contents first. What I did was create a War of Infamy/Sounds/Weapons_orig folder and copy everything from the War of Infamy/Sounds/Weapons folder into it (NOTE: Copy, not move). Then extract the contents of the zip file into the War of Infamy/Sounds/Weapons folder, overwriting files that are there.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

this sounds reasonable. I should be there. Drop a note in here with the meeting time ... i can never keep it straight.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, the M1 Garand sound is different, not sure if it is better... we should try it and see what everyone else thinks.

i will search for another garand sound to see what i can come up with.

how about 9:30 PM Eastern on channel 5? earlier?
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

Steel,
that seems like a good starting point. I could be available earlier - perhaps as early as 8:30 EST, but i understand I am in the earlier time zone relative to most others. I have plenty to do, so 9:30 should be good.
-Brian
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Sure, no probs! I'll be late tonight as I have ANOTHER xmas party to show face at - it's a difficult social life this you know! :roll:
Anyways, I'll get onto that sound mod at Steel's just as soon as I have finished d/ling the Splinter Cell demo. It's only taken all say so far and another 4 hours to go - 101MB @ 56K modem speeds - OUCH! :lol:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

on channel 5...

K,
I do not think you will need either mod to play...so if you do not have them dl'ed yet - just hop in and play...(although the sound pack is pretty small 2 MB or less).
Helmut