Houston we have a problem.

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Houston we have a problem.

Post by PanzerMeyer »

So last night the server was very laggy even though only three of us were on it. We were frequently seeing enemy aircraft and helos warp around in both the F10 map view and in the 3D world. Could it be the new update? Could it be the server itself that may need to be rebooted?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Re: Houston we have a problem.

Post by Bones »

I think either the new update or maybe this mission (not map) is too intense for the server. Creeper and I tested the night before and it seemed fine, but of course that was before the update. It was also a different mission that I had to switch out but only for one that allowed for mods, not unlike what we had before.

I guess the final test is to try Foothold Persian Gulf if available since those are typically less intensive.

Or just a non-foothold mission or Foothold Caucasus again.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Houston we have a problem.

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for all your help bones with the server. Yeah, I'm thinking we should test Foothold Persian Gulf.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen