Blackshark Patching issues

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Madrus

Blackshark Patching issues

Post by Madrus »

What version are you guys patched to for Blackshark? 1.01? 1.02? According to the forum threads I have read, 1.02 causes issues with the training missions audio. Is that the only disadvantage? I could not connect to Gator and Softball this weekend because I wasn't patched from 1.00.

Also, I have patched and reinstalled several times and I always get an error when I try to enter options and sometimes on loading the game. It appears to be a localization and format issue and there are several examples on the DCS Blackshark forum for patch 1.01. They say the workaround is to change my localization to UK and format English (although they don't say whether it is English USA or English UK. Probably the latter).

Anyone else have this issue? How did you solve it?
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Hudson

Re: Blackshark Patching issues

Post by Hudson »

The training missions are incompatible with 1.02 - it won't even let you run through them, so if you want to do so go for it now, the patch. I know of no other issues than that though. Part of why I made my quick start/cheat sheet for A-10C is for this very reason. I expect some patch down the road will do the same... at least then I'll have all the A-10C procedures documented in a way that makes sense to me.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Can you please tell me what patches you applied? I do not have a working Blackshark 1.02.
I applied DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark 1.0.1c patch (English) then Patch 1.0.2 for DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark (English). I have done this three times and I always get an error message when I go into options to set up my controls.

This is gonna be something simple. HELP!!!!
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Those are the same two that I applied. Black Shark Gold, then 1.0.1c and then 1.0.2. The only different is probably the time span in which I installed them. I even reinstalled the game recently after having uninstalled it and installed them one after the other without issues.
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Is Black Shark Gold different then the Black Shark I downloaded from the DCS website? No mention of Gold anywhere.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Found this on the DCS Forums:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44466

----------------------------------------------------
* Installation / Patchday ABC
The 1.0.2 patch must be installed over a fresh installation of DCS:BS 1.0. <=================
- Patching over version 1.0.1c is not supported.<=================

- Mods (even if just disabled) will break the patch installation.

Procedure:
Backup \Config\Input\Aircrafts
Remove from backup you took:
aircraftNames.lua
Any default.lua you find in the subfolders.
Uninstall DCS
Check if you have files here - if so, remove them:
C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50
C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50
install 1.0
install 1.0.2
Copy your backup of \Aircrafts back. Replace all.
Note: Important that you DID remove the files in the backup-step.
Start DCS 1.0.2 in MP or fly a SP Mission - it will ASK for activation - but it will NOT spend any activations.
Also:
- Be sure you have picked the correct LANGUAGE for your DCS versions.
- If you have problems during install/reinstall/patching/activation - try to disable "security/ anti-malware software" since some of them may prevent the installer or activation to work properly.
- TrackIR users must download the latest "game updates" from the TrackIR updater.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other related link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54012

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Madrus wrote:Is Black Shark Gold different then the Black Shark I downloaded from the DCS website? No mention of Gold anywhere.
sorry, gold was just lingo for the initial release, but see what Softball posted; I did not know that.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

that is just really weird. why would a later patch not install over a earlier patch? does that mean you have to do a fresh install every time you patch the game?

'in mother russia, patch applies to original game only"
Helmut
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I think you can uninstall 1.0.1c... i dunno - that really is about the dumbest thing ever; make it cumulative, or not cumulative... but incompatible altogether... mildly insane...
Softball

Post by Softball »

You get everything working Madrus? Haven't heard back from you; just wondering.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG