New DCS update just dropped!

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Re: New DCS update just dropped!

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for the heads up. I'll get it tonight before we fly.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

The FLIR on the AV-8B TPOD is supposed to be using the new FLIR model from ED. I just tested it quickly, and saw the same thing others are reporting. It appears like it might be "borked". Tanks and other vehicles are practically invisible. They are cold like the background and no hot spots anywhere, regardless of whether they are parked or moving. Guess I'll be using the CTV tonight.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Latest reporting from others is OAT (outside air temperature) makes a big difference on what you see with the FLIR. The more contrast there is between the landscape and the vehicles in terms of temperature, the more visible stuff is. Still... doesn't seem like it's correct. My mission file is like 10C and these vehicles should be popping and they are not. On the OTHER hand... I was flying during the day, so this could be accurate for day time. I don't think you typically use FLIR mode during the day.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

server updated.
Helmut
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Thanks for the info. Lots of Apache stuff in there too. Some of it explains a few issues I had....