Attn Xpen

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

gravyy

Attn Xpen

Post by gravyy »

Hey there I heard you're the VR expert here.

Any recommendation for VR optimization?

i7 12700k, 32GB of RAM, RTX 3060 12 GB, Quest 2
Xpendable

Re: Attn Xpen

Post by Xpendable »

I wouldn't say expert. Unfortunately, it is very subjective and different for everybody. For example, I have the Rift S. What works for me might not work for you. Also I have an older computer. It's an i7 4770k from 2014 and a 1080GTX. I turn down a lot of things. Like grass I turn off. Trees I set way down. Medium textures. I turn off MSAA. If you have a more modern computer, you can probably go higher on that stuff. For me, framerate in VR is better than good looking graphics. I need high fps so that the view is snappy and not laggy (which will contribute to motion sickness). Also, I keep pixel density (or PD) to 1.0. I have had fascinating arguments with people who try to argue that higher is better. Those people don't understand what it does. It literally makes your computer render MORE pixels than the display can show, then downscales it, throwing out the extra pixels with the hope that color of adjacent pixels will be better. It's throwing away fps for little to no benefit.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I'm not the VR expert. However, Trichome and I both have the grassmonkey head tracker. I like it but took a bit to get used to.
gravyy

Post by gravyy »

Xpendable wrote:
06 Jan 2023, 20:28
I wouldn't say expert. Unfortunately, it is very subjective and different for everybody. For example, I have the Rift S. What works for me might not work for you. Also I have an older computer. It's an i7 4770k from 2014 and a 1080GTX. I turn down a lot of things. Like grass I turn off. Trees I set way down. Medium textures. I turn off MSAA. If you have a more modern computer, you can probably go higher on that stuff. For me, framerate in VR is better than good looking graphics. I need high fps so that the view is snappy and not laggy (which will contribute to motion sickness). Also, I keep pixel density (or PD) to 1.0. I have had fascinating arguments with people who try to argue that higher is better. Those people don't understand what it does. It literally makes your computer render MORE pixels than the display can show, then downscales it, throwing out the extra pixels with the hope that color of adjacent pixels will be better. It's throwing away fps for little to no benefit.

It's a brand new rig, 3060 12GB. I have the settings just in the default VR and it feels really smooth!

Looking forward to seeing you guys online hopefully sometime.

I fly the F18 and the Hog, have the 14, harrier and the F16
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

gravyy wrote:
07 Jan 2023, 13:38

Looking forward to seeing you guys online hopefully sometime.

I fly the F18 and the Hog, have the 14, harrier and the F16
Likewise. Oh, and I appear to be the resident Harrier pilot. :) I do have all of the above aircraft as well, but I don't fly them much.