Small Beta Hotfix Today 03.22.23

Post by Bones »

Update your DCS, gents!

Current User Aircraft Mods crashing in Multithreading version - fixed
RWR stops registering SAMs with multiple users - fixed
Scripting: fixed crash on output to log with formatting symbols - fixed
MT. Crash when aircraft was removed immediately after its spawn - fixed
MT Supercarrier. Signal wands lights and Hold back bar invisible - fixed

The RWR one--maybe that explained Jedi and Grifter not getting SAM alerts...?

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Re: Small Beta Hotfix Today 03.22.23

Post by Hammer »

server is updated
Helmut
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Bones wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 11:11
The RWR one--maybe that explained Jedi and Grifter not getting SAM alerts...?
And me. I also was not getting them in the Harrier last week.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm all updated and good to go. I'll see you guys on Wednesday.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Im not sure if the update did it but its telling me I need the A4 to join up...
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it would be great if everyone installed the A-4 (not necessary, especially since i am the only one flying it), but until then each time the mission is edited the mission file inside of the .miz needs to be edited to remove the required aircraft like; i just forgot to do it.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

It might have been the hotfix because before it wasn't required for anyone to have an A-4, it would just be replaced with say an Su-27.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Bones, I don't think that is correct. The su-27 stand-in only happens when you edit a mission to remove the mod from the list making it required, which allows you to join without having the mod and uses the su27 as stand-in. If you don't remove it, clients are simply not allowed to join the server at all. This is true for all aircraft mods and even most asset mods. A few years ago, this wasn't even an option. Back then, if you didn't have all the mods, you couldn't join. I seriously doubt the hotfix had any change to this well known feature / behavior, but I could be wrong.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Also, be aware that some mods have severe negative effects on clients especially on lower end computers. As a general rule, I do not install aircraft mods unless they have been built properly with proper LOD optimizations. I have been burned by poorly designed mods that killed my framerate because the mod designer did not optimize the mesh for different levels of detail, causing the game to have to render all the detailed polygons even when the plane is so far away you can't see anything but a dot. I am also sure you know, the more aircraft models in use closer to you, the more your computer has to work, even if you can't see it. Less of a problem on a modern computer but can be a real problem on a 10 year old computer in VR that literally has to render 2 frames every cycle from 2 different perspectives. The A4 is fine and I have it installed - but it is currently the only aircraft mod I have installed not from the ED store. It is one of the better ones. There are some that are atrocious in terms of effecting everyone else's fps. Just ask the MVP team, who is well versed in this topic and pretty much has tried every aircraft ever made for DCS in multi-player. They had so many problems with mods crashing clients, servers, or causing fps problems that they curtailed it to a very small list of mods known to be OK. Even then, I do not have most of their mods installed because some still cause performance problems. For example, they have a ships asset mod that adds a bunch of additional ships. It kills my performance so I removed it. I can still join but can't see these ships (and there is no stand-in for assets).
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

as stated: "...until then each time the mission is edited the mission file inside of the .miz needs to be edited to remove the required aircraft like; i just forgot to do it." that had nothing, zero to do with the update.

If anyone is worried about this mod, I think Xpen covered it "The A4 is fine and I have it installed - but it is currently the only aircraft mod I have installed not from the ED store. It is one of the better ones."

It has got to be the most proper, well researched and developed mod created for DCS.

I can say it has caused me zero issues. I believe both Bones and Grifter also have it installed, maybe Trichome now too and of course Xpen.

But also as stated, since I am the only one flying it it is not necessary to install, you will just see an SU-27 when viewing my aircraft.
Helmut