Bones

Beta Update 04.13.23

Post by Bones »

New update today!

I am looking forward to this:

Major improvement and overhaul of F-14B FM performance characteristics:

Tuned F-14B level flight acceleration.
Tuned F-14B turn performance.
Tuned F-14B top speed and excess power across the flight envelope.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Beta Update 04.13.23

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I updated about an hour ago so I'm good to go for next week!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I always regard these sort of updates as suspect. By "tune," they could mean nerf or bork. They start messing with the Tomcat's amazing turn rate and I'll be ticked off.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Well, the last major patch borked the Tomcat's turn rate in the way that it behaves and I didn't like it. I tried it now. The turn rate behavior appears to have been fixed, but the quality of the turn feels the same as in the last patch. So it's a slight improvement but not a significant one, IMHO. It does seem to have eeked out a tad bit more power/energy in it, but not too significantly like I said.

A little disappointed.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

server is updated. not sure if it helps with the mission scripting yet, i gave it a shot but not sure. the server is running scarlet dawn if someone can get on it and knock some things out, i can check the persistence files if you let me know.
Helmut
Bones

Post by Bones »

I went on but being by myself I really couldn't penetrate their air defenses. I did take out 2 MiG-21s though.

v6,
boNes