Sinai map

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Sinai map

Post by Hammer »

is anyone interested in this? 70's conflict? F4? A7 (or is it A6 that is coming?)?
Helmut
Grifter

Re: Sinai map

Post by Grifter »

I am.

I own the Mig 15 and the Sabre. I would love to do some Korea stuff, too. But certainly would be interest in some 70's early 80's conflict stuff that would justify the use of the Mirage 2000C and other limited aircraft. Definitely would get the F4 for a Vietnam or Sinai campaign.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I could do the F-14A!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Ill be getting the map... I guess I could use a earlier hornet loadout?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

or fly the A-4... PDT_Armataz_01_36
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I will definitely buy the Sinai map when it's available.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

While I don't get every plane or helo that comes along, I get almost every map because of their universal use.
I can't imagine I won't be getting Sinai!
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Geographically/terrain wise though Sinai isn't much different from Syria. ;-)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

When will they splice them all together to make DCS World, well, DCS World?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Grifter wrote:
15 May 2023, 15:54
Can you imagine the type of computing power you will need to run missions on a huge map like that?
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Sorry I missed last night. My wife car acting up and I got home at 9 in time to have to go leave it at the shop and got home even later. I hate Buicks.

Love your double negatives Jedi. I still can't tell if you're getting the map or not haha. I will get it. :)
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Buicks? Those things are still around? I thought only people over the age of like 60 bought them? ;-)
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
16 May 2023, 03:33
Grifter wrote:
15 May 2023, 15:54
Can you imagine the type of computing power you will need to run missions on a huge map like that?
ED has said they plan for exactly that to happen at some point. However, they will need to do some re-architecture of DCS to support that. The client obviously would not be able to load the whole planet at once. It would have to load only a region of data relevant to where the player is. Typically you would device the world into sectors and load nearby sectors. As you move across the currently loaded sectors, you asynchronously load in nearby sectors as you get near them and unload sectors on the opposite side that you are moving away from. If you think about sims that have the entire planet, like Microsoft Flight Simulator or X-Plane, this is exactly what they do. In the case of Microsoft Flight Simulator, it's also downloading and caching data from the Internet as you are moving across the planet. You never have the entire planet on your machine - it's only loading areas you are interacting with. As you move to a new area, it starts streaming (i.e. downloading) data for that area. The sim probably has some base data for the entire planet, but then loads in and caches more detailed data for where you are.

I see DCS probably going towards that kind of model if they ever want to implement the entire world and allow a player to fly continuously from region to region.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Excellent post Xpendable and you explained it well.