Update Error

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Update Error

Post by Trichome »

Hey Guys...

Im trying to update DCS and its failing. Its says disk write error but I have way more than enough space. Then bitdefender popped up this error... any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trichome

Re: Update Error

Post by Trichome »

Did a full system scan and its saying it deleted a file but its not the same one as picture above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Bones

Post by Bones »

With today's update and the Sinai map their servers have been slammed and it is hit or miss when it works.

I was able to get updated on my 2nd try, but it was pretty much right when the update came out earlier this afternoon.

So keep trying.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Im getting the update. Its over 20gb. Its installing it where im having the issue. Bitdefender is picking this up for some reason....
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll just wait and update on Saturday. Hopefully by then the servers won't be slammed.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I've heard that the update breaks the coms menu in MP servers (at least for the Harrier). In other words, you can't rearm your plane... at all. I haven't tried it (I haven't even updated yet) - this is just what is being said on the Razbam discord server. That's a game-breaking bug. Razbam made no changes to the Harrier (Razbam confirmed this with us) in this patch, the issue lies with ED most likely. Have you guys seen this bug on other planes?
Bones

Post by Bones »

I did MP Thu night after update and I was able to rearm no problem in the Tomcat and Hornet.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

So, I (and others - Bitdefender users) seem to be having the issue. I allowed BD to delete the file. Restarted windows and Steam auto downloaded the update once Windows was back up. It installed no problem.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah, I don't have BD and d/l wasn't an issue.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

disable bitdefender while you update, then turn it back on. if it yells about that file, mark it as safe instead of letting it quarantine/delete it.
Helmut