DCS Steam Error

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

DCS Steam Error

Post by Bones »

If you have Steam and use DCS with it, they changed things over the weekend that will cause you an error message.

Details are here:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/334564-st ... ny-notice/

In my case, I get an error message but it also says that my saved authorizations will be used and then it works fine. BUt for others, and in the future, refer to the thread above (and how mad people are).

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: DCS Steam Error

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Yikes. I'm just glad I have DCS outside of Steam and it will stay that way. :-)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Re: DCS Steam Error

Post by Bones »

OK, I've been through the whole rigamorol with ED and this is the way:

If you have the Steam version and you never transferred licenses to ED, you are fine. If you decide to go Standalone in the future, login to your ED account and bind Steam to it. Then you can uninstall Steam, install Standalone and play it there from now on.

If you have Steam and you did transfer your licenses to ED and want to continue using Steam, login to your ED account and unbind those licenses in your profile. Steam will work again.

If you have Steam and you have some licenses on Steam and some licenses that you bought from ED, depending on your situation, this is what you need to do:
1. If you want to continue to play on Steam, you will only be able to play those modules on Steam. If you want to play your ED modules, you will have to download and install Standalone and you will only be able to play those on Standalone. You will have to have the space on your drive for both, and they are mutually exclusive, so for example, if you are halfway into a campaign on Steam, you will be 0% through it on ED.
2. If you don't mind playing on Standalone, download and install it. Then login to your ED account and bind Steam to it if you haven't already. Now you can play everything, but it has to be on Standalone only, so you can uninstall Steam.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot