Halloween outfit

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Xpendable

Halloween outfit

Post by Xpendable »

This is what I wore to work on Tuesday. You'll note the nameplate says DCS PILOT. I purposely had the nameplate patch made that way. It would normally say USMC in bottom right corner but I am leary about people thinking I served when I didn't. I actually ordered a new patch with civilian wings instead of USMC wings but it didn't come in time. That one just says "PILOT". And yes, I am a FAA licensed pilot.

I also have real steel toe flight deck boots and did the proper "trouser blousing" on them using blousing straps which you would only do away from the flight line.

This is all I own at the moment but eventually plan to get more gear over time. Oh, I have an officers A-2 leather flying jacket as well. I am sure Bones can put me to shame with all of his gear!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanzerMeyer

Re: Halloween outfit

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Excellent choice of costume! As for me, I haven't dressed up for Halloween since 2000.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

Nice, Xpen!

At least you got the Navy wings on it right haha!

I have deck boots too...Goretex and steel toe. What blousing straps do you mean? The ejection garters?

You'll have to stop by sometime and I'll show you my collection.

I have the same flight suit but I used it for this for our office Halloween costume contest:

https://youtube.com/shorts/Rm5n3nhzCgI?feature=share

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

No, not ejection garters. Boot bands. This is how you properly "blouse" your trouser bottoms so it looks like they are mushroomed over the top of your boots. Here's a video that shows how you would do it as a Marine:

You wouldn't do this if you are on the flight line and about to go up. But if you are away from the flight line, you are expected to blouse your flight suit - at least in the USMC. I am not sure about the Navy, Army, and Airforce.

Nice Ghostbusters outfit!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Ah, this must be new(ish) because before there were drawstrings at the ends of the pants (cuffs) so that you can blouse them into the boots and make them stay.

That Halloween costume was my office costume. For a couple costume, if you saw 2001's Zoolander, Joanna and I went as Zoolander and Katinka Ingabogovinanana:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Man bones, you and Joanna take the absolute best cosplay photos! I still remember the ones you posted on SimHQ many years back.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Post by Bones »

We enjoy cosplay, and of course Halloween. Last year she was Rachel and I was Decker. That was a fun one
br2.jpg
Here I am giving her an ESPER test:
br1.jpg
v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I have to say that those photos have a special awesomeness for me since I'm a hardcore Bladerunner fan.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ha! Joanna even holds the cigarette just like Sean Young did. Brilliant.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Haha thanks!

Ridley has dressed up too, even in the womb. Here he is in the womb and Joanna dressed as the infamous red balloon from "It" and me as Georgie:
IT.jpg
Then when he was born, he did his pandemic Halloween as Georgie and me as Pennywise:
it2.jpg
Also during the pandemic, I was the Jigsaw puppet asking my friends if they want to play a game in our Zoom Halloween party:
saw.jpg
v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The photo of you with Ridley actually made me crack up out loud.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Haha! We have another Blade Runner pic with him playing himself as director holding a clapboard that says "Blade Runner: Director Ridley Scott."

Yes, his middle name IS actually Scott. I dunno how he had time to make that Napoleon movie whilst attending Kindergarten! Dedicated to the craft I guess.
br3.jpg
v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Great looking family bones and if your son did indeed direct Napoleon while attending Kindergarten then he is a certifiable genius!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Haha thanks. I thought it would be cool if Ridley Scott heard that our son was loosely named after him, and I mentioned it to a friend of mine's husband. He said he could make that happen. I was like, wha...? He said his roommate is Ridley Scott's first assistant director and so he is in contact with him and he can pass the word. That would be pretty cool.

v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Wow, it's a small world indeed after all. Thanks for sharing that great story bones.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Awesome costumes, Bones!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Thanks, Xpen!

Panzer, I'm going to have to dig up those photos of us that you referred to that were on SimHQ. That was--get this--13 years ago!

v6,
boNes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I was looking at the last photo you posted bones in this thread and it's uncanny how much Joanna looks like Sean Young.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Bones wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 05:51
Thanks, Xpen!

Panzer, I'm going to have to dig up those photos of us that you referred to that were on SimHQ. That was--get this--13 years ago!

v6,
boNes
Those 13 years went by FAST.
Bones

Post by Bones »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 06:12

Those 13 years went by FAST.
Yeah, plus I've known you longer than that...to the tune of 24 years! Same with Creeper, Jedi, and Recluse!

v6,
boNes