DCS: Afghanistan Available for Pre-Purchase

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

DCS: Afghanistan Available for Pre-Purchase

Post by Bones »

From ED:
It is with great pleasure we bring you the DCS: Afghanistan pre-purchase! This vast and varied landscape will provide endless mission possibilities and it presents our latest terrain technologies offering the highest detail ever! DCS: Afghanistan is offered with a special 30% discount at $48.99 during the pre-purchase phase. The early access release price will be set at 20% off, or $55.99, until the final release. We also offer the option to purchase just the Southwest region at $23.99 while in pre-purchase.

20 years of the War on Terror and the Soviet operations of the 1980s place Afghanistan as one of the most important combat theatres of the past half century. Few war zones have ever seen more A-10C, AH-64D, F-16C, F/A-18C, CH-47F, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, and Su-25 sorties.

The entire map of Afghanistan and small portions of neighbouring countries will be available, showcasing our latest map technologies at a superb level of detail and fidelity.

DCS: Afghanistan is offered with a special 30% discount at $48.99 during pre-purchase. The early access release price will be set at 20% off, or $55.99, until the final release.

We have also decided to make this map more accessible by offering users the option of purchasing regions separately: Southwest, East and North. Each region will be offered as a separate release at approximately 3 months interval. Today, you can pre-purchase DCS: Southwest Afghanistan for $23.99 instead of the release price in June 2024 that will be set at $29.99. DCS: East Afghanistan and DCS: North Afghanistan will be offered for purchase as and when they are ready, later this year.

The early access release of DCS: Afghanistan will focus on a detailed southwestern and encompass 12 airfields, including Kandahar and Herat. Whilst the entire map is under development, the Southwest region is currently the most complete. The second region to be released will be the Eastern region and finally the Northern region. DCS: Afghanistan FAQ.

Please keep in mind that even if you purchase only one region, you will still be able to play online across the whole map. Only the non-purchased regions will be in lower detail.

We are truly excited to offer you this monumental map and to give you the chance of purchasing in stages at more bite-sized prices should you so choose.

Key Features at Early Access

The entirety of Afghanistan with the southwestern portion available in high detail at early access.
High-resolution terrain mesh, textures and objects that look great from low to high altitude.
Numerous, authentically modelled air bases such as Kandahar and Herat.
Diverse terrain ranging from towering mountains to vast deserts.
Recreate battles spanning the last 40 years.
Densely populated towns and villages
Afghanistan Area: 1449216 sq km
DCS: Southwest Area: 471381 sq km
DCS: East Area: 320529 sq km
DCS: North Area: 443199 sq km
Year: 2008-2010
Advanced normal map technology for mid- and long-range landscape detail
Improved closeup surface material for better detail
Highly detailed city scenes, buildings, vegetation, static cars and more
Highly detailed airfield scenes
Unique objects, cultural monuments
Highly detailed road network

Save now with a huge 30% discount while in pre-purchase on DCS: Afghanistan.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: DCS: Afghanistan Available for Pre-Purchase

Post by PanzerMeyer »

For such a big discount I'll be pre-ordering it for sure.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 10:47
For such a big discount I'll be pre-ordering it for sure.
LOL! It really doesn't seem like that much of a discount, does it? Especially when initially only 1 quadrant is going to have detail at release if I understood what I've read. I'm actually more concerned with the amount of hard drive space this is going to take up. My DCS is already practically on a dedicated 1GB SSD drive. It's currently taking up almost 600 GB. I've also got Diablo 3 installed, leaving just 168 GB free. I pre-purchased the F4 so that's going to take up some space when released. I'm going to have to move Diablo 3 off!

I'm way overdo for a new computer build, but I think I'm going to need to add another drive just to isolate DCS.
Bones

Post by Bones »

From what I read, the only detailed space right now is the south portion. The rest is flyable but not in high detail. When those come out, if you purchased it, you will get the high detail version. For those who don't purchase the whole map, you can fly the whole map, just that the portions you didn't purchase will not be high detail. Seems fair, and especially when you consider how big the map is, plus they are including parts of Pakistan and India.

Space isn't my concern. I have DCS pretty much on a dedicated NVMe M2 SSD of 2 TB on which I have primarily my OS and DCS. Everything else, when able, is installed on a 1 TB SSD and a 1 TB HDD, and 2 external SSDs of 1 TB and 500 GB each.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Yes, DCS is by far my largest single installed game on my PC.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen