For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Razbam/ED Feud

Post by Bones »

Here are some of the posts on the Discord via Recluse:

From RAZBAM:

@hereDear Customers and Community,

You may have noticed that the latest RAZBAM announcements does not include a changelog or any updates for our products. We would like to inform you that, until further notice, all support for RAZBAM-developed aircraft modules is on hold. This suspension encompasses, but is not limited to, bug fixes and updates.

We want to reaffirm our unwavering commitment to this exceptional community, our current customers, and prospective clients. Unfortunately, due to circumstances completely beyond our control, we are temporarily unable to continue our work at this time. Our team, a group of highly skilled and professional developers, is first and foremost made up of dedicated individuals. They invest not only their expertise but also their personal dedication and sacrifice into crafting our products. For many, this work provides essential supplementary income or even constitutes their primary livelihood.

We are hopeful for a swift resolution so that we can resume our normal operations. However, until these issues are resolved, we will not be issuing any updates about our products. We ask for your understanding during this challenging period, a situation that RAZBAM Simulations did not seek and which has previously seriously affected other parties, for example Heatblur Simulations. We have been patient, perhaps too patient, waiting for a resolution from the responsible parties. Now, we find it necessary to take a stand and await a practical solution to this deadlock.

I also want to extend my heartfelt thanks to my fellow third-party developers. Their support, once aware of the relevant facts, has been overwhelming. Thank you for elevating DCS to new heights; it truly wouldn't be the remarkable experience it is without your contributions.

The suspension will remain in effect until the significant issues between Eagle Dynamics and RAZBAM Simulations LLC are resolved to our mutual satisfaction. Once these issues have been addressed, we will resume our standard practices of bug fixing, updates, and upgrades, just as we have since our inception as developers for DCS. We hope this resolution results in a more stable and optimistic future for DCS and all 3rd Party Developers.

Best regards

Ron Zambrano
CEO
RAZBAM Simulations, LLC (edited)

From ED:

@everyone
Following the message published by Ron Zambrano of Razbam Simulations, we believe that it is necessary to rectify some of the unfounded allegations and to reassure the Community that everything is being done to resolve the current situation promptly and for the benefit of all concerned.

Without entering into the details of matters that are confidential to the parties, we firmly reject the allegations that the current disagreement between Eagle Dynamics and Razbam Simulations would be as stated by Razbam “due to circumstances completely beyond our control" and that it is "a situation that Razbam Simulations did not seek".

On the contrary, the current disagreement is the result of improper actions that have been taken by Razbam Simulations, in breach of its contractual obligations towards our company and of our legally protected IP rights, and for which we are seeking a reasonable and forward-looking commercial outcome rather than entertaining legal claims.

We very much regret that Ron Zambrano has decided, without even pre-advising us, to make these disparaging public statements and, more importantly, to take the customers of the Razbam developed aircraft as leverage in the discussions with us.

Please rest assured, we are addressing the situation with the utmost attention and constructiveness.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Nick Grey
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Re: Razbam/ED Feud

Post by Grifter »

I have been following this matter on Hoggit. The speculation is that Eagle Dynamics has not paid RazBam, and so RazBam Is now withholding services. That may be the case, that ED is going bankrupt and not paying its third party associates. Apparently, Nick Grey borrowed $10 million from ED to fund his private warplane collection. Then again, given what I know of Ron Zambrano, RazBam may have done something in violation of their agreement with ED, as ED mentions here. Regardless, this is why I no longer buy product from RazBam, and why I was so disappointed they were given the contract to create the F-15E. It is too important an aircraft to be given to a company run by a known hothead, who has treated his customers with disdain on social media. Eventually, I may very well have bought the F15E, but only after I was sure that RazBam had basically completed it. Now, it may be that the jet is never finished; indeed, it may be DCS is going to come to an end. All I know, is that RazBam is run by buffoon and ED is run by disingenuous people with their own agendas, and none of that is good for the customer fan base . We’re just going to have to see where this goes.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I have been following this as well. I know a couple of the Razbam guys. One of them is a secret member of my OpenHarrier open source cockpit community that I started over 2 years ago. Hopefully it gets resolved. My biggest fear is they discontinue support of the Harrier and it stops being compatible with the latest version of DCS. That is a very real possibility.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I just want this entire overall situation to be resolved quickly because if ED is indeed having financial problems and ends up going out of business, i can guarantee you that no other developer will step in to fill the void. The entire modern jet sim PC market will consist of modders updating a 26 year old flight sim (Falcon 4).
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen