Big update out today

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Big update out today

Post by PanzerMeyer »

My DCS update today was 25 GB so make sure to grab it before tonight!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Bones

Re: Big update out today

Post by Bones »

HA! Hornet drivers have to enter your laser codes for TPOD on the ground and not on the fly in the air via the TPOD page and UFC. Now Hornet drivers can feel F-14 Bombcat drivers' pain! Despite the pain, this is how it is in real life, actually, especially for the Tomcat. The ordnance crew have to set the codes on the ground. ED was checking to confirm this on the Hornet and I guess that means they finally got their confirmation.

Also I noticed SCS depress to IFF didn't work anymore, this is supposedly fixed now.

Globally, there is a note that if several people in a MP game are on the datalink at once, the server FPS can shoot down low. Maybe that is what was happening to us when doing Foothold Sinai and sometimes in Syria. Hopefully this is fixed now.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Has the server been updated then?

A lot of these changes they talk about "setting up in the ME" but we can't do that, we have to load the planes up on the ramp.
Is there some special way we're supposed to set LGB codes when rearming?
The Jedi Master
Bones

Post by Bones »

I just finished updating the server and I hopped on and everything seems intact.

AS for laser codes, I haven't tried the Hornet yet, but I assume it is the same way as the Bombcat. Check your kneeboard and find the code there.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

OK, so far it looks like when you hit the UFC button in the TPOD page, the code is already set to 16888. However, if you look at the rearming page, for the pylon that has your laser bomb, there is a small yellow triangle on the upper left corner. Click that and you will get a window where you can change the code whilst on the ground. See the screen shot below and where my mouse cursor is:
Screenshot 2024-05-22 163843.png
Screenshot 2024-05-22 163930-02.png

The problem comes in the air if you want to change your bomb code to deconflict with others or use a JTAC, then you can't--but again that's real life. But you can change your LTDC for buddy lasing and LTSC for receiving someone else's laser on the fly still.

I wonder if you can tell the JTAC what code you want them to use since this change. Otherwise if the mission planner didn't set it or brief it, the JTAC is useless.

v6,
boNes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Recluse

Post by Recluse »

You may not know this: In the FOOTHOLD series including the Syria campaign you are flying, you can change the JTAC code on the fly from the F10 map.

Using the Map Marker ICON, you can enter HELP and then click the x to close the marker which will show you what commands you can enter. MOST of them duplicate F10 Menu functions.
Help_Marker.GIF
You can directly enter the command to change the JTAC code as shown in the last line of the HELP text. (jtac-code:1234) Again, click the x to close the marker and the code will be changed. This only affects the JTAC spawned and deployed from the FOOTHOLD F10 Menu
jtaccode.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.